Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Prompt#9: Discuss the causes of and problems resulting from teenage smoking.

I feel that the cause of most cases of teenage smoking is from peer pressure. I think that most kids think that they may not be considered cool by there peers if they don’t smoke in some cases. Others could be that they just experiment with it once, then became addicted to it and continue doing it the rest of there lives. In my opinion I will never smoke a cigarette and if I do then I promise to myself that I want become addicted to it like most people. Some teenagers smoke because just don’t care and others do it from being stressed out by something or someone. Some teenagers smoke if they are stressed out because they feel that it calms and relaxes them for awhile to the point they don’t even think about the issue that caused them to smoke in the first place.
The problems that most teenagers doesn’t know that smoking can kill you and feel that nothing is wrong with it. I think that teenagers don’t realize all the harm smoking causes to there bodies. They don’t realize that it causes lung damage and other major body and mental issues. I think that most teenagers aren’t going to realize the risk of smoking till one of there best or good friends dies from doing it. Another way they could see the risk of it is if one of there parents or family members dies from smoking problems.
Overall I feel that smoking is not cool at all because of all the deadly life threatening risk there are in doing it. And I’m only talking about cigarettes when I talk about teenage smoking issues. But when it comes to weed I’m okay with people smoking that because it does nothing to you in a harmful way. It just makes you real chilled and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment