Monday, November 8, 2010

Prompt#23: Explaining pollution to a vistor from another planet.

If I were to have to explain pollution to a visitor from another planet I would explain the deadly effects of pollution to them. I would tell them how it has attributed to Global Warming and the destruction to many species of animals. I would tell the visitor that he shouldn’t stay on Earth because of all the pollution that would soon raise the temperature of the planet and its ocean. It would melt the ice caps and raise the ocean levels to an unheard of amount. It would put most of our greatest cities on the planet underwater. It would put cities like London, Los Angeles, Houston, New Orleans, Miami, and many more cities underwater. I would say that civilization as we know it would face the greatest problem it has ever known.

I would tell him that the air quality on the planet is poor and bad. I would tell him that he would develop diseases and life threatening conditions such as lung cancer or something. I would say that problem is a man made threat and issue.

I would say that it originated from the boom of our country during the Industrial Revolution. It also comes from the amount of oil, coal, and other bad energy sources we use. I would tell him that pollution is an issue that we need to deal with as soon as possible because if we don’t the planet will heat up on a dumb level. I would tell him that we need to less our dependence on oil and coal. And use energy sources like wind power, solar power, and hydroelectric power too. Once we use them then I would tell him that he would be able to accept and watch the full beauty of our planet. Also the air quality would be excellent and pollution would be held to minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment