Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Prompt#49: Learning a New Language

If I were to have to learn a new language quickly because I was going to go study my field overseas. I would use many methods to accomplish this goal. I would try to get a good friend I meet or a good tutor to help me learn the native language. I would try to do everything in my power basically to learn the language as quickly as possible. I would try to master the basics first before I tried to get the hard stuff and just slang and everyday language in their language. I admit it would be hard because trying to learn any new language is hard.

I would try to get a book on the language and teach myself some of it. I would also practice whatever I already knew because practice makes you better at anything. I would study the language like I had a big test that I needed to pass. I would watch tv shows to try and understand how there language works and operates. I would try to understand their culture through it and how there language revolves around there culture. And if it revolved a lot around the culture then that would motivate me to learn the language a little bit more. I would do that to me because since I would be out there for a minute I might as well get involved in there culture and stuff.

Overall I would probably do what I had to do to learn it. I would probably use Rosetta Stone to learn it fast and quick enough to use it when I get there to study my field. I heard it really works good.

No comments:

Post a Comment