Thursday, November 4, 2010

Prompt#25: Should you go to college after high school or not?

If you were to ever ask me if a person should go to college right after high school I would say that it depends on the individual themselves. I would say that because first of all some people want to get college over with as soon as possible and others want to take a break for awhile before they dedicate themselves to college. And some people don’t want to go to college altogether.

In my own opinion of what I would do is go right after high school because I know I wouldn’t go back if I took an extended break. I would go as soon as I got out of high school because the information you learned school wise would still be fresh in your mind and would make college work sort of easier. Other than taking a break and losing some of the information then you would be screwed and have to relearn some of the information. I think going early would be good because you would be able to enjoy the college life style while your still young instead of putting off college and coming back probably at an older age. That’s how I feel in my opinion about going early to college. And if you get that scholarship then you basically have to go right after high school because everything is free and you really have don’t have to pay for anything.

But I can also understand why some people would hold off college for awhile. The main reason would be because they didn’t get a scholarship and have to hold it off so they could go make some money to be able to afford and go to college. Also most people don’t like getting any loans because they are hard to pay off and some are just too much money. Some people just wouldn’t feel they are ready for college because of all the pressure they received. Some people would feel that college just isn’t for them because they probably didn’t do that good in high school and would just give up. There could be a family emergency that calls for the person to put off college to help take care of a family member in need. That’s what I would do if such a situation ever happened in my own life. Also if the person was injured that sidelined him for a long period of time. That would be a situation where you would understand a person holding off college till they get healed.

Overall I think you could make a argument for both sides. But also it would all fall on the individuals choice themselves. But in my own opinion I would go early right after high school instead of holding it off. Going early has its advantages and disadvantages just like holding it off does. That’s all I think on both issues and the question overall and I would understand anyone’s decision on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment