Sunday, November 14, 2010

Prompt#37: Preserving Family History

The kinds of questions you ask older family members to try to preserve the family history is the kind of questions that they can answer about the past. I would ask many questions if I were to preserve my family’s history. I would ask how things were back in the day when they were in the younger days. I would ask how our old family members used to act. The ones that I never heard about and the ones that died when I was a baby.

Family history is worth going through anything to preserve because it gives you a since of identity about your family and the person you most resemble in the family. And if you don’t preserve your family history then you are basically throwing away your family traditions and family heritage. Your basically throwing away all the hard work that your family put into making your family as rich in history as it is. And its basically disrespecting your ancestors who lived before you.

Overall I think you would just ask relevant and important questions about your important questions. I would try to ask them questions about things they could remember clearly and be able to explain to me clearly. I would ask them questions about there parents and see how they were. I would ask everyone about certain events like old family reunions and stuff to see how they each would explain it to me. They would all probably tell me funny things that happen that day. They would probably tell me about one of my family members being drunk and talking a lot of stuff to everyone in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment